View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2011, 04:41 PM

Back Leg weakness in 19 year old cat

Hello. I am wondering if anyone has ever seen this before. I have a 19 year old male cat named Simkin. He has always been a very healthy cat and saw a vet regularly until a few years ago. At that time our regular vet suggested we suspend vaccines due to his age. Simkin was very stressed by car rides and the vet so my vet, who had known me for years, suggested I just bring him in if I felt there was something wrong. Anyway, we have since moved and suddenly, as of yesterday, Sim seems to be having pretty severe issues with his hind quarters. he is not straightening his legs all the way and can not jump onto the couch or bed. I already have an appointment with a vet tomorrow I was just sort of looking to see if maybe someone has seen this before. I would like to be somewhat informed before a vet begins ordering a lot of tests for a 19 year old cat. Don't misunderstand me, this is my baby and I have had him since he was 6 weeks old. I just want to be realistic about a cat his age. Thanks, Jenny