Thread: The Soo
View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincymycat View Post
You are very lucky. I was born and lived in the Soo for almost 30 years before moving south, and I have to say the treatment of animals sometimes was a bit more lacsadaisical in the north. Less respect for domestic - meaning more drop offs and hunting was a norm for most, although I never could understand why. I am familiar with the woodlot, but when I lived there, there was no sign posted like now indicating what it was. Likely because most of the area around there was still bush land.
Progress happens I guess, even in the good old Soo.
I remember asking my friend what people thought the police could do about a bear sighting, but I guess first thought is to call 911?
How do like the Soo? I imagine it must have been a big change from the south. I personally love the Soo and will likely end up back there in a few years although I no longer have any family there, my friend from grade 2 (sooooo many years) is still there and hopefully we can keep each other standing during retirement.
So this will be your first winter up there. THAT, I do not miss. I have memories of digging myself out the side door of the house after a good storm. Enjoy the town. It is a nice place.
Oh, I love it up here and hear that the winters are bad...however, as I tell people here..the South HAS bad winters as well *lol*

As for domestics, I find that here more people just let there dogs roam at large more. As for stray cats, I am sure there are lots around and the South also have TONS of stray cats I hate the aragonace.

ACO22

Last edited by NoahGrey; October 28th, 2009 at 03:11 PM.