View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittiesgirl View Post
I called the vet today. They said that i should keep an eye one him and if anything else changes, or i see anything different in his routine i should bring him in.
Seriously? Isn't the falling over while vomiting enough of a change in his routine? What more are they looking for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittiesgirl View Post
Because of his age, they believe it is probably due to that,
That's ridiculous. My cat is 16 and he doesn't just vomit and then collapse. When was the last time you had your cat in for a senior wellness exam (including blood work and a urinalysis)? If it's been more than 6 months, you might want to book an appt despite your vet's lackadaisical attitude (maybe try a different vet, while you're at it). I'd also suggest possibly a chest x-ray and an EKG to see if there is a cardiac issue at the root of this.

Age is not a disease, and cats can easily live into their late teens, even 20s. At 13, your cat could still have many more years ahead of him, but if there is something ailing him, you want to catch it early so that you have the best chance of treating it.

Good luck, and let us know what you find out.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler