View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
I am so sorry you and your dog have to go through this :sad: I've been there with 2 of my goldens , it was another type of cancer tough , fibrosarcoma. And a third had to be put to sleep earlier this year , very probably another cancer , this time it was bone cancer.

You won't like my post :sad: no , they don't go peacefully in their sleep. You'll have to let go of your dog before that , before he suffers too much. I know it's hard , but , you have to think about your dog first. They can't tell us when they are in pain , they seem ok but .... they're not. You'll have to keep a close eye on him. It's usually when they loose appetite , then you know it's coming , you can't prolong it too much after that. If you're not sure , take your dog to your vet and ask your vet , if it is time , in his opinion , how long does your dog have etc .... ask people around you also , you might not see a difference because you see him everyday but , people visiting you often , who know your dog , may see changes in your dog , that you don't see.

Again , I am so sorry , please keep in touch , I would really like to help you and your dog through this. I know that pain too well.
I am sorry to hear about your dogs and thank you so much for sharing with me and telling me the truth...I like the vet but he didnt really tell me those things he said he doesnt think he is in pain but i dont know. I am just so disappointed and angry at everything but he has already started to lose his appetite for awhile at least maybe 2 weeks now. I read up on how to make it and made this big pot of chicken and rice it looks nasty but it wouldve lasted him for awhile and he wont eat it. I shouldve asked my vet but do you have any suggestions on what I could feed him now? He hasnt ate his dog food in awhile now and yesterday he weighed 50lbs