View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2012, 01:08 PM

Hello Again,
I think I'll be posting quite frequently..

We are doing great with our walks and Sonny (new addition) is learning lots of good stuff from Otis. I have started him sitting which he gets about 60% of the time so far. (When I first started, he had it backward and bowed with his bum up instead of down! Good thing he is cute!)
He and Otis have established a bond and they have now started to play together when the moment strikes them. Sonny is letting his guard down and will happily follow Otis on the leash or up and down stairs. He will do these on his own as well most of the time and sometimes needs a little coaxing. So we are one week in and its going well so far.

My question today is that Sonny - although he came to us crate trained and we are still using his crate - he is becoming worse and worse when he is in it. The first few nights we had him, he happily went in and was quiet and slept all night. He began to wimper on Saturday night and Sunday night but would eventually settle. Then he went into full crying and now he jumps all over the crate and bites the bars and door. I've barely slept and am wondering if it is worth it.

Otis is not crated at all. When Sonny is out, he is well behaved with supervison and happy to be with Otis or his people. I am not asking for permisson to let him out so much as for the sake of sleep, wondering what I am trying to accomplish with the crate anyway? Is it better to adjust him to freedom than rely on a cage to protect our stuff??

I included a pic of the boyz snuggling on Sunday evening - this was the end of te fourth full day together...
Attached Images