View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2004, 07:23 AM

O.K. thats a lot of information I did not know before and I always
appreciate further education.
Mona's right I thought I was buying from a responsible breeder. I can't and wouldn't do anything about it now, its too late. But somebody else may come on line who needs to hear this sort of information before getting a family pet.
I know people around home have heard with or without papers before, now I know I can tell them that is B.S.
LavenderRott I'm glad there is 10,000 people out there at least that do care but still that is a pretty small number compared to the people who couldn't care less about if their dog has something wrong or not. If the dog is going to cost them some money put it down and get a new one. These are the same people who would never spend $1500.00 on purchasing a dog let alone saving it.
The bottom line the backyard breeder isn't going anywhere for awhile.
Spaying and neutering, and puppy mills are something I'm definitely going to be explaining to people around here. I know I'll be just frustrating myself and annoying others if I start on the backyard breeders.
So I'll be taking small steps, I know its something your not going to agree with but I feel if I start on the backyard breeding people are just going to close their ears and walk away. I'd much rather have them s/n their dogs for now or at least if they're not going to buy from a reputable breeder, at least not support the puppy mills.
Because imo that is so much worse than "some" backyard breeders.
You could not pay me to buy an animal from a pet store from what I've learned, so thats another small step.