View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2011, 08:26 PM

bloody mucus in cat stool

Today I say my 8 year old kitty, Molly, vomit something that resembled dirty water. I washed it up and didnt think too much about it as both of my cats are pukey kitties anyway. As I was feeding them I notices what looked like a small drop of mucusy bloody poo in their box. I checked it out and then looked at her butt (poor thing). I noticed that she still had some of the mucusy stuff on her rear. She is an otherwise totally healthy little kitty. Other than a little pudgy and due for her vaccines she is in great condition. This has never happened before but to be fair Ive never looked all that close before and until a week ago we had a covered box and just switched to an uncovered littermaid so I can actually see whats in there now. She eats good food and only gets "treats" when daddy eats a can of tuna. It being a holiday weekend Im thinking I will wait out the weekend (there is only until Monday anyway) and keep a close eye on it. It seems as this is a fairly common thing with cats but it still makes me nervous. Also, this may sound silly but, could she have gotten worms etc from eating grass from outside? She is usually a 100% indoor cat but about a week ago my mom was visiting and would let Molly follow her outside in the morning for her coffee and Molly would eat some grass. She has done the grass eating thing before but other than some grassy vomit weve never had an issue. However, she hasnt been outside for over a week now. ????? Any info would be great!