View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2008, 11:15 AM

Cat pooping blood??

Hello, i am worried about my cat. He is two years old, neutered and has always gone to the bathroom outside, i have a litter box inside also in case he ever needed to go when we were not home, but he very rarely used it, he would just wait till we got home and let him out. We just recently moved, at our old place he loved to be outside, he would be out there almost all day. We have been in our new place for about 2 months and ever since we've been here he rarely goes out, i open the door for him but he is afraid to go out. I'm not sure why, i thought it would take him a little while to get used to a new neighborhood, but after 2 months theres still no change. He did go out one evenig for a while, and now lately he has been doing strange things, i came home one day and there was 4 piles of vomit and 2 of poop on the floor. but hes acting normal, not at all like hes sick or in pain. then the next day there was nothing, but a day later more vomit and one pile of poop which had a little bit of blood in it. since then he has not vomited again but did poop on the carpet when he could have gone in his litter box, that also had blood in it. I know i should bring him to the vet but we are low on money right now and cant afford a vet bill. What could it be and what should i do? he is acting normal, and sometimes goes to the door like he wants to go out, but now i am afriad to let him out incase it was something that he got into. Do you think he will get better on his own or do i HAVE to do something about this...