View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2005, 10:23 AM

ok, i am going out on a limb here as i am well aware that i may get flamed. my little guy is a schnoodle (wow, i hate that name). it was my mother's decision to buy a schnoodle puppy and seeing as i live at home while in university, i had little input. nevertheless, he's a wonderful beautiful little soul. i couldn't ask for a better dog. while i myself would have rescued, i love this guy with all my heart and he's become our little boy.

i apologize for hi-jacking the thread but i just had to say my piece because these "designer dogs" get a bad wrap. not that i'm encouraging they be bred purposely, i just have to point out that they do not all come from terrible conditions. duffy's breeder bred purebread west highland terriers and decided for some reason to breed her schnauzer. we met his adorable mom and saw the kennel. it may have been a byb but at least she was doing it right.

again, i'm getting off track. if bred in the right conditions, there is no reason why these dogs would be unhealthy. duffy has been in perfect health since he came home with us at 11 weeks. his vet is actually impressed that our pup is such a tolerant, tough and healthy little guy. i guess my point is that it's a misconception that mutts are prone to health problems. actually, purebreds, no matter what care is taken in their lineage, are more likely to have problems.

sorry again. i just had to vent. i really appreciated this board, no matter what kind of dog i have. i've been afraid to admit i've got a schnoodle knowing your feelings but i love him just as much as the rest of you love your pets. hopefully, i can still post questions and start posting pics without negative feedback.

thanks

Last edited by lucyvanpelt; February 14th, 2005 at 10:27 AM. Reason: made a mistake