View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2004, 05:09 PM

Wow - thanks so much for those great suggestions! Giving Molly a bath is just so painful that it makes me laugh because she is so funny about it...and that does not help the attitude of a sucky puppy I know

I have bathed dogs who are scared but who would just do the same thing - drop to the ground and refuse to move but Molly will scratch my eyes out to make it stop!! Good idea about the collar, normally I take it off before she gets in the bath but it sure would help to have something to grab onto when while she's flailing around.

The thing is though, she gets so panic-stricken I can't seem to find anyway to calm her. I feel like I have tried everything but nothing makes it any easier on her (or me!) - I have used a handheld shower, poured water over her gently with a container, filling the bathtub before she gets in, while she is in the tub, just letting the tap run, giving her treats during and after the bath but nothing calms her down. I could try the toy idea and see how that goes - even just to see Molly in the bath with a rubber ducky! How cute

She isn't afraid of the bathroom or the tub and the running water doesn't seem to bother her at all if she is in there just hanging around. Maybe she just hates the water? She's too young to have be taken out into the water yet to swin but maybe that is part of the problem?