View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2011, 08:27 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
A little update. I've sent two emails to Champion Foods asking for some info on protein and amino acid content in terms of grams per cup rather than percentages so I can better compare to raw meats (I'm horrible at Math ). I'm still waiting for a reply.

I'm surprised that you haven't had a reply ....I've never had a problem with them not answering my emails.

We haven't supplemented with Orijen in a month now and Penny's behavior/mood continues to improve. She's no longer hiding at all, hasn't had one reactive episode since, no longer needs hours and hours of exercise, and is generally calm. I have added 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan), 12.5mg twice daily to her meals in the last three weeks as well.

I wish there were more studies/research to explain these changes. Other than what's already been mentioned, I can't find anything .
Do you think it's because of not feeding her Orijen or because you are giving her the5-HTP?

And, have you researched that supplement well? The last I read fairly recently was that there was still some concern about its safety.