View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2006, 09:10 AM
The demons' servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntarioGreys
As other mentioned posting here would be cumbersome even if it was canadian listing only and search thru all the posts to find out if there is a list for your area is time consuming and may not even be there and you will have wasted precious moments
I believe that you could make the first post as a listing of the different cities and then link them further down the page. So it would say something like this:

Montreal <--- this would be a link

The link itself would say (something like) www.pets.ca/bb/threadXYZ=post56 <--- this is made up so ignore the actual link stuff...lol

So Montreal would be the 56th post down and it would take your browser straight to post 56...I suppose the problem would come in when we added new ones since if we did it alphabetically we'd have to put more than one city in a posting...

Could we maybe make an entire website where it only lists emergency/after hours vets? Just an entire site dedicated to it? Maybe have one of those map images and all that so you choose which country/state/province/territory you are in and then it lists the cities? And if your particular city/town is too small to have its own vet then put it in with a close city (ie. say Hamilton was too small to have its own vet so we put "Hamilton" in with say Toronto)? We could put a disclaimer at the top stating that its not necessarily a complete list and we will never claim it to be that but that its here to help just in case something does go wrong and if in doubt visit the yellow pages/phone book? I'm not sure what we could do for the few people who are not North American...perhaps that would come in time?

I suppose it would take alot of work though....

Megan