View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2010, 02:42 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

October 2010 photo challenge - Remembering pets that have passed on

In light of all of our losses, recent and past, I would like to propose a slight twist to the monthly challenge. I would like us to post pics of our gone, but never forgotten, furries. I feel it is a fitting tribute at this time.

What a great idea.

What a wonderful idea

great idea

14+ great idea BUT I cant seem to do it right now...my eyes are flooded with tears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
14+ great idea BUT I cant seem to do it right now...my eyes are flooded with tears!
It's ok Winston. It isn't Oct yet and this has to be approved by Marko. I know what you mean. I have been thinking a lot lately about my boy and Bandit and Li'l Momma too with all the other losses. I thought this may be a fitting tribute to so many we have loved and lost.

14+ only did this so she could see us all cry again! I'm with you Winston, I get teary eyed very easily these days. But I have great memories of my old babies.

It has been a difficult past few months for many members here but, I think it's a wonderful idea to honor and share the memories of our past companions.

Oh I dont disagree at all I am just too emotional.....it is a fitting tribute!

Quote:
Exactly what Winston said....tears flooding eyes, but it's a wonderful idea....and I will participate.

If it is the idea with the most support (and i hope it is) it will become October's challenge.

Even for those members that have not lost a pet, they could post pics of pets that were meaningful to them that belonged to other people (so long as they have their permission).

Thx for the wonderful suggestion 14+

14+,good idea,i was just thinking today,that i would like to post some pics of my rocky,from kitten-hood,to the end.
sure i'll cry,cry for all the babies we lost in the last while
but it will be a way to honor their memory and the good times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
Exactly what Winston said....tears flooding eyes, but it's a wonderful idea....and I will participate.

If it is the idea with the most support (and i hope it is) it will become October's challenge.

Even for those members that have not lost a pet, they could post pics of pets that were meaningful to them that belonged to other people (so long as they have their permission).

Thx for the wonderful suggestion 14+
Thank you Marko. I in no way wanted to hurt anyone. I feel along with the pain there is healing. For all of us.

I agree. It will be painful for some (including myself) but it might also be cathartic and it will be a wonderful tribute to many many pets and hopefully bring back some loving memories. (Just call me Mr. mush today )

Again, beautiful suggestion 14+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
(Just call me Mr. mush today
with good reason Marko , this is still so soon for you.

I think it's a wonderful idea 14+.

And isn't October call the month of the deads ? To celebrate them ? I think I heard that somewhere .... because of how Halloween came to be a "holiday".

Quote:
Oh Winston

I think it's a great idea and would love to participate in the October challenge. Count me in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
And isn't October call the month of the deads ? To celebrate them ? I think I heard that somewhere .... because of how Halloween came to be a "holiday".

Halloween=All Hallows Eve. There are many different versions, one is this:

It is commonly linked to the Feast of Samhain (the end of summer) on Oct. 31, to honor the dead

It's my favorite holiday.

I too think it's a great idea,,Winston and anyone else that it might be abit too much for right now,,if you'd like let me or one of the others know and we can find a picture and post it for you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgeurts View Post
Halloween=All Hallows Eve. There are many different versions, one is this:

It is commonly linked to the Feast of Samhain (the end of summer) on Oct. 31, to honor the dead

It's my favorite holiday.
Thanks Rgeurts then this challenge is perfect timing !

Quote:
That's what I figured but Rgeurts explained it so much better than me.

Great idea, I'm in.

I too agree it would be a good idea.

I love all my past and present babies so much. It would be great to put up a picture of them.

Thanks for the suggestion 14+.

Quote:
Yes it is!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
That's what I figured but Rgeurts explained it so much better than me.

You explained it perfectly:

"I would like us to post pics of our gone, but never forgotten, furries. I feel it is a fitting tribute at this time."

I would be honored to participate .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Through remembering there is healing.
Very well said 14+.

Thanks for the amazing suggestion 14+ and I see you have already posted first. beautiful memories

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by marko; October 1st, 2010 at 09:48 AM.