View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Pet Guardian

Thanks I guess it takes time. Sometimes she will eat 1/4 can and then the next day I offer her the exact thing she loved and she turns her nose up at it. I feel like we have been through hell. The surgeon who operated on her is NOT the only one (oral surgeon) in my state! He is a board certified dental/oral surgeon BUT I found out he got it through an alternate pathway so he never did a residency in dentisry My new vet encouraged me to report him to the licensing board for misrepresentation and doing too much surgery all at once and for not letting me visit her in 2 weeks. I am so angry.

Then I found out my cat has BEGINNING signs of renal disease. Guess what: no sign sign of this pre-surgery but now showing signs post-surgery. I feel like I am going to throw up. I love my kitty with all my heart. I thought I was helping her and it turned out I think I hurt her!
They are now going to put her on Hill's k.d. thru the feeding tube. the vet said to give her whatever she will eat by mouth for now. once the feeding tube is out then we have to work on transitioning her to a low protein diet. I am SO ANGRY at the surgeon of lying, misrepresenting himself and playing on my emotions. If it is allowed i will post his name on here so no one ever goes to him!

I feel horrible. I know I shouldn't blame myself b/c at the time I thought I was doing the right thing. But now I feel sooooooooo bad for my little friend.

She is doing more things that seem like her: walking with her tail sitcking up , jumping onto bed at night, sitting in sun, purring. These are good signs but she has that stupid collar on her head and hates it. i would too if I were her. sorry venting. I take it off when we watch tv on the couch and when I feed her.