View Single Post
Old December 26th, 2003, 12:12 AM

Unhappy Cat peeing in house

I have a four year old long haired domestic cat named MoJo. I found him when he was only 6 weeks old and it seems that he was very badly mistreated before I found him.

The first year he was with me we lived with two other cats and he got along with them fine. During that year he was both neutered and declawed. THen for the next year and a half we lived by ourselves. He seemed to be depressed to where he would cry even when I was home with him. The next year we lived with two other cats and a roomate and he got along with them even though they didnt' like him much at all.

This past August we moved into a new apartment and it is just him and me. He has been very depressed and crying all the time. He has now started to pee places outside of the litter box. If i leave any clothes on the floor and leave he pees on them. I just got home from going out of town and he had gone into the coat closet and peed on one of my suitcases that was on the floor in there. Another thing he has started to do is poo on the mat in front of his litter box. I have one of those mats that helps get the litter out of his paws when he steps out and he just poos right there in front of it. I am very confused because sometimes he pees and poos in the litter box. I dont know what to do. I was going to get a puppy for christmas but I decided to put that off becauase I didn't know how MoJo would react.

Can someone please help me and tell me what they think is going on or what I should do?

Thanks,
Tracy