View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
I am not able to give Trow the benefit of a doubt,his THS had a budget of $10 million and still not enough for food and medicines for needy animals

I've only been to the Oakville HS,there are adoption-rooms for the cats,each room usually with a regular volunteer care-taker
I know a man who volunteered there for 15 yrs,"his"adoption-room was his,he even built an outdoor run for the cats.
He himself adopted cats that were deemed unadoptable,old and sickly,or had been there for a long time.
It's heartbreaking to see cats in cages,but whenever I donate toys or things and visit the kitties,there has never been a problem,except I leave in tears:sad:

I am certain that once their finances are looked over at the THS,they will find something amiss..
You have one in a million Humane Society, chico, sounds like a wonderful place. I too, feel very fortunate to be close to one of the better ones too.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey