View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2009, 09:19 PM

I was there many years ago, around the time I wanted to adopt my dog, and there were animal workers outside protesting. It bothered me then (though I would've never been informed had I not seen their picket) that animal care workers would be marching instead of helping out. My gut told me that something was *really* bad inside.

And apparently it's only gotten worse through the years. The THS is crying foul and that they're the victims of some sort of OSPCA/media witch hunt, without giving any evidence for their perspective. They've also hired some hot shot Toronto lawyer. If they get off or if the THS returns to where it was before, I'm going to be FURIOUS. I think they need an entire board change and someone willing to take over that actually cares about the animals.

Euthanasia for space is NEVER right, but obviously never euthanizing any animals under any conditions is terrible as well. Some animals simply suffer too much being kept alive and I don't think Trow cared at all.

I think that the best place to find some objective, first hand information is this blog http://helpths.wordpress.com/ run by people who work and used to work at the THS. Read some of the stuff they're saying because it's so appalling that it's hard to believe it's happening right here in this city.

RIP Casper the ceiling cat.