View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayenne View Post
14+...
I don;t question your experience and I really apprecaiate all your advises, but I have to agree with Animal control here: "It is too cold for an animal to be trapped in a metal cage, and not be able to move around. This is why we do not rent traps starting November and till April, and stronly suggest to not set up any traps...It can only make it worse for the animal"
That's ridiculous. There's a group here in Calgary called the MEOW Foundation, and they trap all winter long. Cat's lives depend on it. The key is to monitor the traps regularly, as Love4 said, and to cover it with a blanket. Don't set the trap if you don't think you can check it every couple hours. Seriously, I think the only way you're going to get your cat back is to get a trap.

As for the rabbits eating the cat food: did you actually SEE the rabbits do it? And if you set the trap with something like sardines or tuna, you aren't going to catch a rabbit.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler