View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2010, 06:02 PM

I just had him fixed on Friday and the vet told me she saw the eklhound, she said if she had to guess, he's got some shepherd in him too?

Either way, he's just a big lug, wicked temperament, totally stubborn at times and my little chihuahua cross is totally the alpha dog! lol I've read that Elkies have this loud piercing bark/yipe thing, my dog has it too, there's a huge difference from when he's barking at something that caught his attention, to the type of bark he gets when he gets excited and wants to play, he gets this high pitched bark like they say elkies have.

Don't really much matter what he is, but would like to get an idea as it might help me work with him a bit? I got him when he was 9 months old, he never had any training, you couldn't walk him on a leash without getting dragged where ever he wanted to go (he's 72 pounds), he was totally out of control in the house, he was horrible. To be honest, within the first week, I was ready to find him a new home, but I stuck it out, he'd already had 4 owners in his short life before I got him

He's 13 months old now, and now we can walk him fairly well, he still pulls, but nowhere near as bad, he's a bit calmer in the house, he pretty much quit chasing the cats, he's doing so much better. Now if only I can get the bugger to come when called