View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

What a beautiful ol' girl she is
I don't know if this helps at all, but we just went through it with our precious Thorin in March. Our vet had a great idea to help him get around. He was still enjoying his food, still wanting his loves and to be a part of the family. He would even lay on the floor and play with his babies and mouth wrestle with Nookie... but he couldn't walk on his own very well. We have a 2 story home with a walkout basement, so a lot of stairs! Our vet said to take 2 of the reusable cloth shopping bags and cut them down both sides. They look like a sling with handles after they're cut. You put one under her chest and one under her groin/hips, then hold the handles to give her support while she walks. It did wonders for my back and helped Thorin (and us!) to enjoy the last bit of life he had left. When the pain meds stopped helping and he quit eating, it was time.

HUGE 's to you. I know how heartbreaking it is.

Robyn

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012