View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2009, 11:21 AM
Senior Contributor

My Brina finds me "friends", she catches mice outside and carries them in her closed mouth and lets them loose in front of us, the one day she cried to go out in the pouring rain, staring intently at a spot on the deck, I opened the door, she jumped over the steps, dropped down and started crying, I thought she'd injured her leg and rushed out, there between her paws was a baby mouse , no longer than an inch and a half, I picked it up, dried it off and forced warm rice water through its mouth, it stayed with us 4 days approx. till it was well enough to release. *L* I know, it will probably move in this winter. Brina calms down most of the wild critters we bring in to rehab, she lays quietly beside the cage "snuffling" with her nose, this for some reason calms them. The only way we could get an injured gosseling to stay calm or to take his twice daily swims (to help its injured leg) was to let Brina either get in the tub with him or let Brina lead him around the yard. sorry the pics are so big!

she shares her cookies too *L*

Last edited by Melinda; September 1st, 2009 at 11:29 AM.