View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2009, 08:20 AM

i also want to add that in the home, i train my dog with NILIF/Cesar methods.

EX.)

when i tell my stubborn dog to "go lay down" when i am eating - and he instead plops down in a sit and stares at me; i stand up, walk at him, snap my fingers and say "GO!" he ducks his head low, he gets his butt up and he goes and lays down....end of story.

to me, that is what i want in my relationship with my dog.

we play tug of war, and we rough house and play fetch. we have fun.

we walk every day, we hike, i pet him endlessly when he is laying around the house CALMLY.

HOWEVER

when i ask my dog to do something, like get out of my face when i am eating, or when he is bugging a guest.

he better respect my position, and he better listen to me.

i will NOT have a dog running my house, making a guest feel uncomfortable, making my girlfriend feel cramped or annoyed. period. no discussion, no debate.

if that means raising my voice and walking behind my dog until he gets his stubborn butt upstairs and lays down...thats fine with me. i feel thats what each dog owner should have with their dog.

nothing makes me more mad than some ignorant dog owner with their dog off leash, staring at ME, because i touch my dog to redirect them away from the off leash psycho. like I AM the bad owner.

i bet a lot of them are you positive-only trainer types. in fact i know they are, because they all have flexi leashes and wave a piece of deli meat around when their "good dog" barks at me and my dog and charges us.

seriously,

get a clue.

YOU OR YOUR DOG WILL LEAD AND CONTROL THE SITUATION IN THE DOGS MIND. YOU DECIDE WHICH WAY YOU WANT IT.