View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Spoiled whats with you suggesting she scruff shake this dog?

Haven't several of us told you that this is inappropriate? Why are you advocating this? I hope this isn't how you were curbing your behaviour problems with Bentley.

Now with regards to a puppy, it's all about socializing. I agree with the pup shouldn't be taken from mom and it's litter mates so young. This is where problems begin.

Puppies will bite, teeth and chew on you. This isn't something new. This doesn't mean your dog will do it when they grow up. BUT if you show aggression with the pup when it's young it will continue and worsen as the pup gets older.

You say he gets aggressive when you discipline him..what are you disciplining him for?

Positive reinforcement is better then negative and will keep you going in the right direction. Pup needs to have some things to chew on, what kind of toys and chew things does he have?

At this age, ice cubes are great for them to chew on it helps with the itching and pain the gums are going through with teething.

Have you had a puppy before?

Where did you get the puppy from and can you post a picture, I would love to see this sweet face!

LavR is one hundred percent right when she says give him something to chew on when he starts chewing on your hands.

It isn't too early to start to learn that it's better to chew on a toy!

What are you feeding? Dry/Canned or both? What brand (lots of questions)

When the pups chewing on hands, redirect to a toy. When he takes the toy praise him, good boy and give him a little treat.