View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2009, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post

I'm glad to hear you got in today and that the news from the visit is pretty good

Does Max wear a collar all day and when you take him out for a pee or walk do you clip the leash to the collar? If you aren't already you might want to consider completely removing all collars and using either a body harness where his tags can be clipped to the shoulder rings or using a head harness such as the Halti or Gentle Leader and the tags can be clipped either to the halter rings or to the leash. This will remove all pressure on the trachea caused by either pulling or even the slight pressure from him laying on the collar.

I know it's hard to resist when they want to go for a walk so badly & it's not in their best interest to do so. Stay strong.

for Max
A harness!!! What a good idea.

Max only wears a collar when he goes for a walk. He doesn't wear anything around his neck while in the house. I'll buy a harness tomorrow and toss the collar.

So far, the frozen towel is a big hit. He thinks the towel is an excellent chew toy when it's first taken out of the freezer and is very stiff. Once the towel relaxed a little he was rolling on it till it warmed up. Now he's off for a snooze and I'm re-freezing the towel.

My vet is brilliant.

Max the pupsicle. Very cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post

I know it's hard to resist when they want to go for a walk so badly & it's not in their best interest to do so. Stay strong.
As for Max wanting to go on his walks and not being allowed to, bribery my friend, bribery.

(Isn't that what they made cheese for?)