Thread: Tydo
View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2003, 12:35 AM

Tydo

What Tydo's foster home says about him: Tydo is a great little dog! He is not only very handsome, he is a sweetheart. He loves to cuddle, and acts like a goofball every time he gets the littlest sign of affection. He loves to get belly rubs and gives great kisses.

He is just a year old, as of the end of June. He is an American Staffordshire Terrier/GSD/Border Collie mix...as far as we can tell. His ma was all AmStaff though, we know this much. And the Border Collie is certainly there because most of his traits are BC. He likes, no LOVES to herd things, such as our other dogs and our cats. He has basic training, and knows a few basic tricks such as: Shake-a-Paw, Speak, Head Down, Say Please, Sit Up and we are working on Roll Over. He is a very eager and quick learner. He is so happy when he pleases you, he needs a moment to collect himself before he can except praise! He is a bit of a leash tugger however we are working on this habit and he has come along nicely, with only a flat collar.

He LOVE LOVE LOVES tennis balls, which has come in very handy with his near and dear dislike of cats. It is not so much that he is cat aggressive, as much as he wants to herd them and follow his BC instinct. Quick, sudden and darty movements send this boy into herding mode. His new owner will have to have some herding dog experince or willing to learn. Because of his extreme ball obession, his cat obession has been easily redirected. Like stated before he is so willing to learn and please, that his catty problem has been easy for us to handle.

We are going to assume that he will not be good with little dogs either. So a little dog and catless home is a MUST. He is wonderful with kids, and because he is not a hyper dog or a bouncy, zooming bully he would be good even with smaller kids (ALWAYS under the close eye of someone who is dog exp. and is an adult). However, anyone with children of any age will be even more carefully screened.

Tydo is good with female dogs and O.K. with some male dogs, he is also great with young puppies. However same sex placement is restricted. In some cases the current dog and Tydo will have to meet before adoption. All that being said Tydo will make a great family pet for a catless family! He is loving, and wants to be right next to you every minute of every day. He is timid but is coming out of his shell every day. He just needs to right home to let him finally shine!

What Tydo has to say: "Throw the ball! Throw the ball! JUST THROW THE BAAAALLLL!"!! Oh, Hi! My name is Tydo and I am really looking forward to meeting you. I have a few requests though before we meet. I don't do cats. I do like Tim Bits though, so please share. I really like playing fetch, and I do like to share..so I always give you the ball back! I like having a girlie doggie friend to bounce around with, but some boy doggies make me a bit fiesty. I also don't do little dogs, they wear too many sweaters for my taste! I really like hugs and kisses. I am a follower, not a leader. My foster home is great and all, and I am being spoiled here...but I want a great forever home of my very own. Please contact my foster home and find out some more about me! I am waiting for you!

PS...I LOVE WATER! And bring a tennis ball when you come to see me please.

Love, Tydo X0 X0 X0

Adoption Restrictions: Home check, refs, interview, application/contract, and meeting with a local rep required.

http://www.pbrc.net/dogpages/north/tydo6902.htm