View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2013, 04:59 PM

Thumbs up Stomatitis experience

Harrison was brought to me from a woman who had many cats and was outrunning an abusive husband. Harrison is HIV positive and has stomatitis. After trying everything, we did the extreme on removing the teeth. Over time the stomatitis calmed down. The key was moving to a raw diet. I use TCFeline plus w/liver, add two egg yolks (never the raw whites for cats), raw turkey that i don't grind, Costco, Sam's club, whatever works great. Mix up a big batch. Freeze and defrost as needed. Cats are obligatory carnivores as stated around the kibble issue. Mr. Harrison is now eating without pain and once in a while a depo shot is required. He loves his food. My aversion to raw was overcome based on I don't grind everything and by the way, ground food with bones in it would be too harmful to a stomatitis mouth, mix and serve within minutes. Now, not all the cats are the same and will respond the same.Every condition is unique. But I do think it more than coincidental that he has improved so much on the raw. The very very back of his mouth gum lines show some inflamation, but not anything like it was. Now removing the teeth immediately does not stop the inflamation, but now his gums look so good, he doesn't drool except a tiny bit and he is calm and happy. I thought we would have to put him to sleep but with the help of some good vets and changing my aversion to raw, we are trending healthy. Hope this helps. And the TCFeline raw premix changed everything. From Harrison and Susan

Last edited by Moogie; January 28th, 2013 at 05:00 PM. Reason: typo