Thread: Pale Gums
View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2013, 05:05 PM

Pale Gums

Good Afternoon,

I am hoping someone can help me. I did just come from the vet and have actually been there several times in the past two weeks.

My dog keeps getting very pale almost white gums. He also gets freezing nose, tongue and paws. Then in an hour or so generally he goes back to his normal pink color. His body temp goes back to normal. I have looked up his symptoms and it almost seems like shock. Except, his body temp is normal. He is eating and drinking normally. He urinates and poops normally. No vomiting. He is sleeping a bit more than usual but he is still active and alert. Though sometimes he does wake up growling, when he does his gums are usually white.

I have taken him to two different vets when his gums have been pale. The problem is by the time I get him to the vet his gums are always back to normal so I am not sure they are taking it seriously. I even took pictures the last time but the vet barely glanced at them. They did run blood work which they said was completely normal. They said he seems fine and send me home. Am I over reacting. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on?

He is 13lbs and 2 years of age. He is up to date on all of his immunizations. He did get neutered by laser 3 weeks ago but the vet said the wound looks great and she does not think it is the source of the problem.