View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2007, 10:38 AM

My little girl is a Papillion America Eskimo mix.
She is 14 months old and weighs exactly 15 lbs (which I am sure is contributed to the American Eskimo half) She looks all Papillion to me.

She is THE BEST dog we have ever had, and this is going into childhood etc.
She trained well. She is the perfect combo of lapdog/play dog...
She is perfectly content laying around all day, but can go from 0 to 60 at a 2 second notice. I do not play rough with her... but she LOVES playing rough with my husband... she acts like she's a German Shepherd when she plays with him. She is GREAT with my kids... I have a 9 and 5 year old. I swear she and the 5 year old are like litter mate. A lot of my day I spend yelling "Abby and Kaylee, STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!!!" That antagonize each other. I also have in the past 4 weeks began baby sitting a 6 week old (now 10 weeks old) and she is a gem around him. She wants to be by him or lick him but she is a perfect little mommy to him.

I have to agree with Papillion Mama, the shedding can be annoying, and that is with consistant grooming. I also trim her myself... I HAVE to trim around her tooshie or she gets "cling ons" and it is a MUST to trim the paw pads, because the hair their gets long. She does help in keeping herself clean though and is very consciensious of herself if she gets dirty outside.
Believe me I am NOT one for shedding and I hate nothing more than having dog hair on me/carpet/carseats/ etc. but I love this girl SO much I am completely willing to #1 stop wearing black #2 completely overlook this small annoyance... which is something I could never do in the past.

If you want more info about Paps I would recommend this website, it has a lot of useful info...
www.pixiedustpapillions.com
and click on the general info link after you scroll down, there is also a health issues section, a training section etc.

Hope you make the right decision!!!!

Jessica