View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Willing cat servant

About the blond vet I was surprised too at least she had the honesty to let the show present the case how it was and admitted her mistake, most people are incapable of that let alone on TV.
Fees don't entirely guide my decisions HOWEVER I do get that sense that the balance is a bit tilted against us (the companion animals care takers)
As I've always said by all means vets have the right to make a living but it is overpriced, not just the unnecessary things (sometimes unnecessary, not always) but overall a lot of them (not all) charge way too much for everything.
Honestly I shake in my boots every time I have to think of the dreadful bills a stress added to the already strong worry of having your beloved friend sick.
I think health care for pets should be more affordable, some people have the best intentions but mathematically it's just not possible to cover those bills and I don't want to hear the "they should have thought about that before getting an animal" because many people rescue animals from very desperate situations, give them a warm place to stay, daily meals to the best of their possibilities, love and care which is way better than leave them in a dumpster where they found them, in the rain or a harsh winter or on the verge of dying by neglect on the streets or from people's cruelty.
People that have the good heart to rescue those little angels should not be left in the dark without medical attention for their pets just because they don't make enough to cover the outrageous vet bills.
On the other side there are some more down to Earth honest vets that avoid over charging people.
More than focusing on the over priced fees the show was more focused on the tests that sometimes are not necessary and that's OK since the other point of view (like mine) could be subject of an endless debate so they kept it simple.

MARSHALL!!!<3

Last edited by Koteburo; October 6th, 2013 at 04:31 PM.