View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2004, 02:10 AM

Id be careful about the nylabones. My pup had one of those ( a said-to-be really tough one) and managed to chew it appart and swallow quite a bit. Spent the next day throwing up multiple times.

As you said, kongs tend to be a great toy - and now since the come in multiple kinds, there are more to choose from. So far we have one of the dental ones (like a bar with grooves in it), a regular kong, and a treat ball.

There is also a toy that looks like its made of black rubber (solid) - I wish I knew the name, but my dog played with it at my brothers house and it seemed to "survive". Its like a rounded black rubber bar, with a rope in the end (the rope may not last mind you).

I also have a volleyball that while she cant get it in her mouth, she tends to roll it around and jump on it - and can entertain for quite a while.

Also have you tried those toys that look like stuffed fire hoses? I havent had one, but they are said to be fairly tough (yet they are a bit soft). I had a dog trainer suggest it to me, but have yet to buy one, considering there are plenty of toys here lol.