View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Senior Contributor

small bite from another dog

Molly (golden retriever, 9 yrs old) got bitten in a little tussle she had today with one of her dog friends - in her ear of all places. Just two very tiny puncture wounds (looks like a snake bite), not on the "flap" of her ear but further inside on the soft little folds. I just want to make sure i'm doing the right thing...
it just happened, I cleaned it with water and a bit of iodine solution, trimmed away a bit of fur (very hard to do, she didn't like that at all) and put a dab of polysporin on it. Would you do anything else?

Obviously, we'll keep a very careful eye on it and get to the vet if anything looks like it's going awry.
So far the only trouble is that she keeps shaking her head and i'm worried that could cause a problem too.

Please feel free to refer me to past posts about this topic... I can't seem to get the "search" function to come up with anything though I'm sure this topic has been covered.

My poor girl... she's having a hard week :sad: but she keeps on smiling
and love for my "lost ones" - Misery, Clover & the girls (chickens)