Thread: Smudge Pics
View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Performance Spaniels

Didn't get adopted. My grandmother had a heart attack and then died, he wasn't allowed to leave town, I had to return him to deal with it. When I got back they didn't really want me to retake him. He's still sitting there. I inquired about him 2 days ago (again) and apparently no home is good enough. I feel bad for him, but the criteria is so hardcore I'm not sure he'll ever be adopted. They want a performance home for him, and he is so desperate to be with people he doesn't do well with other dogs. His manners are pretty poor. The possibility of a home doing dog sports with no other dog is pretty unlikely.. As most performance people get a dog, then have 2.. then have 3.. 4.. etc. Rare to have one live out its life and then look for another..

Usually black and tan's look grumpy.. Something about the markings. Smudge's are sparser than many b and ts.. so he doesn't have the grump look. Cider's got an overly expressive face, she smiles too, but often when the camera comes out inside gets grumpy.. She also looks field bred and has a slightly different face..