View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:48 PM

Question 8 month Lab won't stop biting and jumping on me

I need some help. My 8 month old lab is having crazy moments..she will jump up at me, and bite me...I know it's all in play, cuz her tail is wagging, but no matter what I do, I can't make her stop! It REALLY hurts. When I give the stern NO, she puts her butt in the air and barks, and then starts jumping and biting again.

And before anyone assumes..I NEVER rough played with her as a lil pup..NEVER. I totally believe she is fighting with me to gain dominance.

I have tried all the methods, from yelping and walking away (which only results in her getting more excited and coming up behind me and biting me from behind).

I have tried grabbing her mouth and saying a mean NO, that only results in her biting me when I let go.

I have used the "claw" method and hold her to the ground, where she just kicks her way free and continues to jump and bite me.

I know Im not suppose to hit her, and I will admit I have smacked her on the nose when she gets me too hard (not on purpose, but it's reflex from the nip).

This usually all begins after we play ball outside, or when we get home from our walk and I take her off her leash.

While on her leash, she's perfect, in her crate, she's perfect....supper time she's perfect...I just can't play with this pup without her getting wayyyy too wild.

I always end up having to give her time out and put her in her crate. Where she'll just look at me, lay down and start chewing on her bone, like nothing happened.

Any thoughts?????
Jenn