View Single Post
  #11  
Old February 23rd, 2013, 08:24 PM
Ravensmom Ravensmom is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bay Village Ohio USA
Posts: 2
Red face My 12 year old flat coat retriever mix has an mlo

Ravens' MLO is on the back of her skull. Her neuro exam did not show any signs of cerebellar compression yet, but I'm worried it is fast growing. They can't tell how fast unless they surgical biopsy a part. Surgery is an option but the tumor is dangerously close to the dorsal longitudinal sinus so could be fatal from bleeding if the hit it. We can't decide whether to do surgery or not. She's happy and loves her walks and everything now, but if we wait it could be harder to remove because it will probably be closer to the blood vessel. They could surgically debulk it but won't it just grow back soon?bthey say they grow back, but they can't say how soon because they don't know how fast it's growing. I wouldn't have expected her to live too many more years but if I can keep her happy for a year or two it would be worth whatever would do that. And should I put her through the trauma of surgery? Her lab results show she is healthy enough for surgery but isn't it maybe too traumatic? Radiation is not proven with Mlos and would require like 20 sessions under anesthetic over 4 weeks. Mlos are not supposed to be responsive to chemo either. Can anyone help me make a decision or does anyone have any insight or ideas?
Reply With Quote