Thread: New problem
View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2011, 12:13 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra_Queen View Post
Ok, I'm not a dog genius but even I know what is going on! And your right it is your fault!

You have a male dog 1 years old, not neutered and your letting him off leash. He sees or smells a female across the road and "his mind" took control? Um nope! It wasn't his mind that took control!! It was his hormones and instinct to mate!

He almost gets killed by a car because YOU don't want him to get fixed? Well how much would u like to bury a 1 year old Bichon Frise instead because he got killed by a car?

With all the Bichon Frises on Petfinder looking for homes and dying if they don't find one, I would say neuter your dog and if u want another Bichon Frise get one from a rescue or shelter and save a life!

I couldn't agree more!! If your unaltered dog runs from you, you know he does this, yet you allow him to run free and refuse to leash him or fence him in and he gets killed, you have no one/nothing to blame here except your own arrogance. It certainly isn't the dogs fault in any way. You have been given wonderful advice here by some very knowledgeable people. A trainer would be a great place to start. Good luck with your pup

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012