View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2010, 05:36 PM

The chick being strong-armed by her cat responds...

I would like to start off thanking all those who gave me actual suggestions and not comments about shelters, etc. I am a seasoned pet owner and even worked for a vet at one time, so my thought to take him to a shelter was not one that I was taking lightly as some may think. That's not how I operate.

Frederick-Douglas has been to the vet and has a clean bill of health. Believe me, that was the first thing on the list. This is more specifically a behavioral issue and I knew that off the bat. This has been an on and off thing for him for quite some time. As I mentioned when I first posted, when he was a kitten I gave him to a friend and shortly after she had a baby and he was acting out then. I took him back about 3 months after I gave him to her, so he's been with me basically his whole life with the exception of that short time. It pains me to think of us not being together. Actually today was the original day that I set to take him to a shelter but prayed about it and read the great responses here and on a couple of other message boards and decided to give us both more time. With a clean bill of health in place for him, I'm going to clean my apartment top to bottom, go over it with a black light to find any soiled areas I may have missed, try the products suggested, get new litter boxes, get a new sofa, and try some new techniques (behavioral and communication). I know he'll need time so I'm going to keep trying. Giving him up is something I did not want to do at all. After all, I was literally right there when he was born. I love all my cats dearly -- they're my kids. Keep us in your prayers! Thank you all so much!!!