View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2006, 12:27 PM

questions about RAW feeding

Because of all the problems with the dry (pellets) foods I decided to give the RAW diet a chance. I got the book “NATURAL NUTRITION FOR DOGS AND CATS~DIET- K. SCHULTZE” and read it, it’s good but I still have some questions after reading this and many other pages on the net.

Please remember that I have a small 2 month old Maltese puppy.

Fists of all my puppy right now is not feed a good dry or canned food, the breeder unfortunately feeds the bad stuff (Pedigree etc) when I get her, at 2 months and 1 week, should I change her right away or what to do? I am a little afraid of her reacting bad to the new diet and I still have to house train her.

The RAW diet (my 2 cents on it): meat, meaty bones, vegetables, supplements and extras.
How do you prepare this food?

This is what I was thinking to do: get meat from the store and grinded it at home (chicken, beef, rabbit etc) mix it with the flax seed and a little parsley and very little garlic, whatever supplements (kelp, alfafa, oils etc) and the occasional egg or veggies a few times a week and serve it, this is almost like a prepared diet but I do it at home so I know the quality and what exactly goes in there. This way the dog will eat everything with ought being able to pick whatever it wants. After she eats this the dog can have the bones: chicken necks, wings etc.

Is this correct?? If I am missing something please point it out.