View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoodsgal View Post
*peeks out from under desk, grabs material, and hides again*

I'm gonna be a bit shady for a while. I'm glad to see a post that is not out for my pelt.

Please don't take this offensively (please), but bless ya'll's hearts, ya'll can be mean. It's taken a lot for me to stick around here. I know ya'll mean well, but a little "hospitality" would be nice.

Guess I should say I should have expected it. My roommate was/is the same way. She gets super hostile on anything related to these subjects.

I'm gonna stay on the defensive for a while. A.k.a asking direct questions and not talking about my practices unless directly asked.
Hi Backwoodsgal;

Just wanted to say that after reading through the posts in the other forum, I am impressed (and happy!) that you "came back" to discuss this issues with the other members.

As with many of the other members on this site, I also agree that spaying or neutering your animals is HIGHLY important but I do think that maybe the way in which certain people have gone about trying to convey their opinion to you might have been slighty agressive. I am sure that no one is trying to be "mean" but there are certainly members on here who are passionate about responsible animal ownership!

By sticking around, it would appear to me that you're open to other people's opinions regarding spaying and neutering and I would really like to point this out to other members! I am also new to this site and can see how "strong opinions" from some members might "scare off" new posters from ever posting again. This is likely the worst scenario especially, in most cases, "different (or maybe "wrong" in some people's view) opinions" in regards to pet ownership is often due to misinformation. In this case, it's lucky that Backwoodsgal is still willing to chat about her opinions with other posters in this forum as maybe new doors will be opened for her in regards to pet ownership. I think that this is exactly why forums like pets.ca should exisit because, from what I read about where Backwoodsgal is from, it doesn't sound like there is a lot of support or information regarding responsible pet ownership where she is from (regardless of how you want to argue). I do believe that there are different opinions regarding animals in many areas of North America (both Canada and the US) so while it is still absolutely important to share views on what responsible pet ownership is... I think it's important not to "scare" people off because that doesn't help anyone to become more responsible or receptive to new ideas.

Backwoodsgal, I do hope that you'll continue to chat with the other members in this forum and take in some information. In my opinion, there are many members that have VERY GOOD information to share and I hope that you'll utilize it.

Just my !

Danielle