View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2005, 02:22 PM

I think it depends on a lot of things. I myself am Catholic, but I'm not really very devote. I don't go to church every sunday, I use birth control, and I eat meat on fridays. I do however say my prayers everyday, say a blessing before each meal and try to make it to church as much as possible, at least on holidays. My soon to be husband is pentacostal, but he is not very devote either. So far we have no probs at all, when I do go to church he comes with me but doesn't recive communion, and I go with him to his church every once in a while. In my mind as long as we are worshiping the same god that is all the matters.

The only porb we have run into is that when we talk about having children I want them to be batised and raised catholic, he is unsure about this. But I have made it very clear that my children will be raised catholic but can choose what they want to be once they have finished CCD classes and it comes time for them to be confirmed. What we will probably end up doing to going to both churches so the kids can experience both religons and choose for themselves once they are old enough. He seems ok with this idea. But he knows that if he has children with me they will be attending catholic mass and going to CCD wheather he likes it or not, he has decided that if they get exposed to the pentacostal religon as well as the catholic that he will be happy so we reached a compermise that allows us both to be happy.

Those are the kind of things that must be discussed before you get too serious, because they could cause problems in a relationship. Since SO and I have worked them out we know that we can make our relationship work regardless of our religons.

Candi- Italian Greyhound
Cash- Italian Greyhound
Jasmine- Tabby cat