View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Slave to the fur

Yellowed teeth on new food

Hello all!

After months of putting up with chronic loose stools & vomiting, I FINALLY found a food that has put all of that to rest for my sensitive kitty, Tiger Prawn. It's called "Taste of the Wild" and has been a god send to me, as Tiger Prawn has had bowel issues since 4 months and she is now 1.5 yrs!!

However, I had a look at her & her sister's teeth the other day and YIKES!!! The back teeth have turned butter yellow and one of TP's teeth has a deposit on it!!! I freaked!! When I fed them Innova EVO their teeth were white as snow, I would check them all the time, and we have recently officially switched over these past 2 months, so I'm positive it is the food, there have been no other changes. They are barely 2 years and I may have to have a dental

I am going to start brushing, but I wanted to know if there is anything I can do, food wise, to help this? I'm hoping for a result outside of switching to another diet in fear of the vomiting/diarrhea returning, but I am changing to a breakfast meal of dry food and evening meal of wet. Wet is California Natural's Salmon & Sweet Potatoe as I am trying to stay away from grain heavy diets. I have included the ingredient list below for Taste of the Wild, as I do believe it's a good food, I just can't understand why this change in dental health and what I can do to stop this from getting worse....this community is so experienced in these matters I truly trust the advice here!! Thanks for any suggestions!

Ingredients
Chicken meal, peas, sweet potatoes, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), potato protein, roasted venison, smoked salmon, natural flavor, ocean fish meal, methionine, taurine, choline chloride, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Saccharomyces cerevesiae fermentation solubles, dried Aspergillus oryzae fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, niacin, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, zinc sulfate, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), vitamin A supplement, biotin, potassium iodide, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin (vitamin B2), pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, manganous oxide, sodium selenite, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.