View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Surely an accuser would have to provided the dates and times you were out with your dog and supposedly not picking up poop? I would think the place the poop was deposited would also have to be given by the accuser. Heck, I think I might even ask to see the poop. I bet you could prove you were at work or something when these episodes happened and that would save everyone the cost of DNA testing. I have no doubt there is poop because there are bad dog owners but you are not one of them. This is similar to a fear of mine that my dog will be accused of non-stop barking when really it's the dog next door.

You need to check your condo rules and by-laws too. It seems ridiculous you can be accused on someone else's say so with no evidence or proof.

FWIW a bunch of us at a place I walk hold a pooper picker upper day each spring. Of course all of us who show up are the good dog owners and none of the poop left over winter is from our dogs but it looks terrible and we are concerned about the reflection on us and our dogs. Maybe you could organize such a day? Gee, by this time last year we'd done it already. Still covered with snow this year. I guess that means there will be more of it.