View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2017, 01:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhynes View Post
It depends on where you are I guess. My minpin is 10 pounds, does fine. Hundreds of hours, countless dogs of all breeds and sizes in off leash parks since I got him in October. Occasional large breed pup tries to play a little rough, but he corrects that in a hurry and rarely do I ever have to intervene. Ex's pin was the same. This 9 week old minpin I met was doing fine - and he's only a pound and a half. Not uncommon to see very small breeds running free.

They need to learn "dog" from other dogs, I can't teach that. They need to burn the energy off - beyond what a walk can give. They need to learn to be social, they need to learn to give corrections and take them. All the owners I've met were cool with their dog taking corrections from a 10 pound dog - they recognize it needs to happen.

Maybe it's just me.
There are some really irresponsible dog owners in my city , people let their dogs run lose when there is a leash law enforce instead of bringing their dogs to one of 3 parks where dogs can run lose . Part of the problem is dog owners aren't training their dogs anymore b/c they're using the leash that are extendable . People just let their dogs walk way ahead of them so the dog become the leader of the packs and the owners wonder why their dogs don't follow their commands .