Thread: 2 New Clematis
View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Hazel I bought 1 that has a bloom already but generally they need at least 1 yr I think before they bloom.

I bought all the ones I have from a farmers market in Hamilton here from a lady that has a nursery flower shop type set up. They all were awesome. I saw her today and she finally told me she wont be getting anymore?? So I went elsewhere. I do have good luck except I always end up loosing the tags that come with them and can never remember whether to cut them back or not? clematis ar funny some you trim and some you just leave them.

My biggest is spread out across about 6 feet of fence and its the Nelly Moser..sort of pinky purple...really pretty. I also planted beside it a Duke of Edinborough and that one is white and its a double...really nice..

I am really excited to see the blood red one I bought last year. I forget the name of it now but it didnt bloom last year and this year there are lots of blooms.....

I will take some pics for you Hazel when they bloom which wont be long now.
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown