View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2006, 11:04 PM

OMG! I am just seeing this! This is awful. Oh gosh...I am so sorry to hear what you and your pup have endured. I am surprised too to find these answers so "vague". I would most certainly inquire more. You owe it to you and your pup to find out what exactly happened. And Nanaimo just isn't that big...why wouldn't they hold that pup for you if you had contacted them? There are pieces of info missing....dig...dig more. I once had a ferret go missing when I was out of town and my friend was taking care of him. She was checking with the spca EVERY day by phone and they kept saying "no, he isn't here". One day....a few days into the search, she happened to be driving by there so she went into the SPCA to look this time rather than call. Low and behold there was my ferret!! He had been there for THREE DAYS!! A ferret...the only ferret in the entire place and the idiots on the phone couldn't even bother to look. So I guess my point is sometimes the communication between staff members and what goes on within these facilities isn't the greatest. They had vaccinated my ferret too (normal procedure) which almost killed him cuz he was soooo allergic to vaccines plus they charged my friend all the fees to pick him up and the shots. I stormed back in there upon my return and made them refund me the entire bill. Be strong and dig...you have the right to know what happened to your dog. And do it now...not later....staff changes are huge at those places so best to find out now. Goodluck and pls keep us updated.