View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Senior Contributor

Amanda, yes your cat's lesions sounds like what Ginkgo has when I got her. Sort of scabbed over. I remember wondering if someone had done something to her before I got her. Now I realize what it was. I know they were itchy for her and she tried to lick her neck, but not obessively.

krdahmer, thanks for your input. I would most certainly give her the medication rather than shorten her life but I can't see reaching for a medication that will compromise her immune system when the problem isn't serious at this point and other safer preventative measure can be taken. I work in the natural health industry and always choose the natural choice unless there is no other or the allopathic one appears to be the better one.

Right now I'm giving Ginkgo the antibiotics the vet prescribed as her paw was pretty badly infected. Hate to take chances. But I am also being responsible and giving her probiotics with her food. While I prefer people to choose a dietary change or herbs/homeopathics, giving them prescribed medication is much better than doing NOTHING.

I'm happy to know what the lesions were on Ginkgo so I can't understand what to do about them now and watch for their appearance. I'm hoping the foods I give her (EVO and raw) will avoid the triggers for the lesions. I am familiar with the cream you suggested as well as the homeopathic remedies, krdahmer and will keep them in mind when I am putting together a program for Ginkgo. Tx

Dracko (GSD) male - 2000 - 31/02/2011 RIP my boy
Mochie (Balinese X/feline) female - 1994 - 07/01/2010 RIP my sweetie
Ginkgo (Siamese X/feline) female - 6 years
Smitty (long-haired white/feline) male - 5 years
Teiya (Ragdoll x/feline) female - 3 years
Kinsey (Ragdoll x/feline) female - 3 years

DON’T BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER PETS DIE!