View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2011, 09:12 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuena View Post

I understand that cats also regulate their own food intake and unlike dogs. won't gobble up all the food in the bowl just because it is there. I notice Jeddy eats little bits at a time but Miss Miley just eats and eats until there is nothing left, and then she will still beg for my food when I am eating. I think it's psychological and a result of being abandoned. She obviously got the worst of it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Welcome to the board. Hopefully all will check out fine at the vets.

Not all cats are jumpers, some are worse than others. Jasper wouldn't jump up for a long time after I got him, but I suspect he was used as a stud and kept in a cage for the first 5 years of his life. Rose is very similar to Jasper, she doesn't seem to have any interest in being high, she grew up in a factory for the first 3 years of her life. Now Sweet Pea and Puddles are jumpers. They like to rule the house and keep an eye out on the territory. I suspect your Miss Miley may not be the dominant one.

As for eating, if a cat has been starved at one time in it's life, it is not unusual for them to become binge eaters for fear of not knowing when their next meal is. I have two bingers, both were pregnant strays that were so very skinny when they were rescued. Hopefully Miss Miley is young enough that her binging will ease up

Please only allow your kitties outside when supervised , they can't fight cars, poisons, large dogs/coyotes and mean people. Would you consider harness training them so they can get some outside time?

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey