Thread: Orijen Dog Food
View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Rosco, Raw Fed & LOVES IT

hehe, its not 70% protein, its 42%. Its 70% meat

I can honestly say I'm not sure about the high vs low protein for large breed pups. Sooooo many bullmastiff breeders I know say low protein. But that doesnt mean they're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Girl View Post
Orijen has a large breed puppy formula and a regular puppy formula, the one Dazy is on is 70% protien, which is alot, but when I contacted the manufacturers they told me it's designed for large breed growing puppies. My vet said it was too high a % as well, but he also tried to sell me Medical which is $70 a bag for food that is mostly corn.

I thought Goldens were large breed when we first got her, but after a few trips to the dog park, I'd say they are in the middle of the pack, there are some awesome huge dog breeds out there. HUGE!

Their impression of power is remarkable. They give one the feeling of immense reserves of energy, of great reservoirs of knowledge, of tolerance of disposition, obstinacy of purpose, and tenacity of principle. They are responsive, and they have a lot of quiet, good sense.

-J. Wentworth Day, from The Dog in Sport, 1938