View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:02 PM
Senior Contributor

wow, you've really stepped up to the plate on the exercise issue, and as you said, even if it doesn't help completely w/ the misbehaving, it can't hurt. I'm glad to hear despite the challenges, you've managed to allow for fun time w/ Matty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprayeddog
Matty also has a habit of biting the leash when I run (even AFTER I've put bitter apple on it) ... but he doesn't do that once I've stopped running ... I figure he hates how the leash keep hitting him when he's running so he'd just 'grab' it when he runs.
as well trained as my dog is, he STILL does that. which in my book, is fine. I'll pick my battles... since I only really "run" to save my life, I let it go. (I don't jog) But if you are a jogger, keep at it, I'm sure with time & practice Matty will learn you're "jogging" not "playing".

I think with alot of these issues will resolve with time. Time for Matty to mature and time to get used to the new exercise regime. Just curious, have you decided to try the clicker-training or just wait and see if exercise & maturity do the trick?