View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2006, 05:43 PM

Since I work for Municipal government I can say that the steps you are taking to make the situation better will help you. I'm not sure why all dogs were issued mussel orders and would push the officials or court (depends on how the appeal system works there) to explain that one. As far as the dog that did attack goes the likelihood of having the order lifted on that one isn't good. Be reasonable, be rational and admit your mistakes. THe other party will have to be in court as well and it will come up that everyone involved wasn't really following the by-laws... Not sure what difference that makes, two wrongs don't make a right, but if the other dog had been leashed properly, its owner would have been more in tune with the mood of the dogs and might have been able to prevent the injury.
Having said that, people like me, who only take their dog to dog parks, and keep leashes on their dogs because either the park requires it or the distractions are too high to guarantee recall and follow every other rule out there, get really ticked when our dogs get jumped by dogs who are off leash or who are on 25 ft flexi leads or when we step in fresh piles of dog poop, or take small children to non-dog parks only to have a less than pleasant dog keep us away from the swings...
You've already admitted your mistakes, so this isn't a lecture its just something to keep in mind while you get ready for the appeal because the people you present your case to might be of like mind and be biased towards you for your past behavior.