View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2008, 11:37 AM

new to BARF

Hi,
I rescued my Boston Terrier from a pet store...the reason I call it a rescue is that the poor little guy was not so well when we brought him home. He had giadaria while at the pet store which they apprently gave him meds for. Then a kennel cough vacitnations...maybe for his runny nose, lol. Anyway, he was on a high quality kibble but still had dierria (no I can't spell, lol) then blood in his stools, we rush to the vet they say he has coccidia! put him on a bland diet, boiled chicken or beef and white rice and on antibiotics, his face swelled up! back to the vet, they gave him prendozone shot and kept him the day, swelling went down gave him pendazone for home his face swelled up, off to emegency...we the parents have figured out it is the fillers in his meds...still had diarrea and noticed he was losing weight. Researched and researched everything. Finally went to store called Tail Blazers,and talked to them and the patrons for quite a while, and decided on a raw diet, but I am lazy so now what??? well Iput him on a food called Urban Carnivour and WOW so easy, he is doing so well within 4 days we took a stool sample to the vet, no coccida! Stools are normal now! and he is so damn happy and energetic! My vet does not support the idea but did ask for stool and a check up in 2 weeks to see if its really working. Now I am blending the diet for our older dog too. BARF does not need to be diffcult, there is the already prepared foods too, that come balanced and are so easy to serve. We also mix in organic pumpkin for extra fibre! I willnevr go back. Helped our sick puppy get better!